The project is expected to contribute in the following:
- determination of minimum water level of Lakes Zazari, Cheimaditida, Petron and Vegoritida and Nestos River
- determination of minimum water flow along the Nestos River
- proposals of management measures to achieve the minimum water level/flow of the above-mentioned water bodies
- meet the requirements of the River Basin Management Plans of the Water Districts of Western Macedonia and Eastern Macedonia & Thrace
- enhance of the bilateral relationships by the participation of the Norwegian Institute of Bioeconomy Research (NIBIO)
- knowledge and experience exchange on topics related to the protection of lake ecosystems, the determination of the minimum water level and the hydrological simulation of their catchment
- promotion of awareness and improvement of knowledge for the protection and management of water bodies suffering from environmental issues
- conservation of aquatic ecosystems and promotion of sustainable development
The deliverables of the project are:
D.C1.2 Development and application of the integrated hydrological model in the catchment of lakes Zazari, Cheimaditida, Petron and Vegoritida.
D.C1.3 Water resources management proposals to achieve the minimum water level in lakes Zazari, Cheimaditida, Petron and Vegoritida.